Note: This article is based on my experience and preferences. It may not apply to everyone of you.
I wasn't really looking for a partner. I decided not to take part in a relarionship again after my first boyfriend broke up with me.
I was the type who wanted my first boyfriend to also be my husband. I guess I'm not lucky to achieve that. You learn lessons in your mistakes though.
I would like to share how I found my perfect match, who is my current partner and the man I intend to marry.
1. We were friends. Being the introvert we are, we met each other online, in FB. Friends of friends. We both have the same interests and way of thinking. Sometimes, we would chat about our observations on people and our ideas. I knew him even before I met my ex.
If you have become friends, surely, you know what he/ she is like and he/she would be the same to you. You have an idea of how you guys think, behave, and a lot more. In short, you know each other very well.
Don't accept courtship from people whom you do not personally know. Avoid people who rush you to accept them. Think about it, how would a stranger know you as a person when you two aren't close? Does he/she know your hobbies? Your interests? Your way of thinking? Your behaviour? Teenagers love to flirt. They get excited with the idea of love and having a partner. Some people also have wrong perceptions about love. More importantly, do you personally know him/her?
2. Personality test. I love reading stuffs about personality. My top 2 personality typing are the MBTI or Jungean typology and the Enneagram. I just like how it can describe me and other people's personality. You take a test and the result will give you an idea of who you are. It can also help you know yourself better. With that being said, I use this to get to know people more. I ask them to take the test and give me the result. I will then have an idea of who they are. My partner was one of the first batch of my friends in FB whom I asked to take some tests. There, I found out that we are of the same kind. We are both INTJ (one type in MBTI) and also, we are both type 5 (one type in Enneagram). That means, we are like a mirror of each other! It's rare to find someone like me you know. Someone who have the same thinking, interests, and behaviour as me. From there, I concluded that we would definitely get each other. We can understand each other and not have a problem.
Some people think it's weird when you ask them to take the personality tests, even when you discuss it to them. Well, my partner is also interested in Psychology so our eyes lit up on this one.
3. Same hobbies and interest. How can you enjoy if you two have different hobbies and interests? I wanted someone I can share my hobbies with. And my partner has those. We are both anime fanatic, we both play Visual Novels, we both play computer games, we are both interested in Psychology, etc. And so, we do the things we love to do together. It was great!
4. I think that's all. XD Befriend, get to know him/her, take the personality test, and decide if you two are a perfect match haha. Don't underestimate the personality tests bro. =w= It can tell a lot about a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment